Texas License to Carry (LTC) Class
This is the Texas DPS approved course that will satisfy the 4-6 classroom hours required by the state to obtain a License To Carry. Following the course there will be a Written Exam & a Range Proficiency exam that students will be required to complete both with a passing score.
At completion of the course, testing and handgun qualifications, you will be issued the state-required LICENSE TO CARRY A HANDGUN CERTIFICATE OF TRAINING (FORM LTC-100) for application to the state.
FOR ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS
HOW TO REGISTER
What’s Covered In the Lecture:
- Laws regarding Texas Open/Concealed Carry, Use of Force and Deadly Force, TMPA
- Castle Law, and non-violent dispute resolution.
- The Criminal and Civil Courts systems and how to protect your assets if you are involved in a shooting
- What to say and what not to say to the Police.
THINGS TO BRING TO THE CLASS:
- Valid ID
- Paper & Pen for notes
- Eye & ear protection *
- Firearm* – The range qualification requires a handgun of .22 caliber or higher
- 50 rounds of ammo*